We are convinced: Education is the only effective weapon against poverty.
With our projects we would like to support the people of Zanzibar through
- the fulfillment of basic needs
- the construction of a primary and vocational school
- improving social and economic structures
- incentives to independent thinking and acting
to enable them to receive an education, which should later lead them to financial independence. We provide self for self-help; however, the inhabitants of Zanzibar also need your support in order to combat poverty.
Why did we start our projects in Zanzibar?
This is Zanzibar from our point of view - An exotic tropical island surrounded by beaches of white sand and turquoise-blue sea:
This is Zanzibar from the point of view of many of its inhabitants:
We decided to start these projects because in Zanzibar:
- there is a shortage of clean drinking water and electricity and illnesses such as malaria, cholera and typhoid are widespread.
- due to the lack of medicine and hygiene, child mortality rates are very high.
- the life expectancy is 45 years on average.
- 80 % of local inhabitants live on less than one US Dollar per day.
- unemployment rates are extremely high, because locals generally don’t speak English as fluently as mainland Tanzanians and lose many job opportunities to the latter.
- kindergardens and preschools are practically non-existent.